What is corona virus –
Corona viruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several corona viruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The most recently discovered corona virus outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019 known as COVID-19.
What are symptoms of corona virus –
Symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don’t feel unwell. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness.
1) Most common symptoms are fever, tiredness, and dry cough
2) Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea
How does COVID-19 spread –
The disease can spread from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. These droplets land on objects and surfaces around the person. Other people then catch COVID-19 by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. People can also catch COVID-19 if they breathe in droplets from a person with COVID-19 who coughs out or exhales droplets. This is why it is important to stay more than 1 meter (3 feet) away from a person who is sick.
Can the COVID-19 virus be transmitted through the air?
Studies to date suggest that the virus that causes COVID-19 is mainly transmitted through contact with respiratory droplets rather than through the air. But few studies say that it can be transmitted through air.
Preventive measures for Covid -19 –
• Wear a good quality double layered mask and avoid touching mask and nose. Prefer to tie the mask as per your comfort and avoid elastic threads. Because elastic extensions get loose which spoils the purpose of mask.
• Keep your hands clean with an alcohol based hand liquids or wash them with soap and water.
• Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body.
• People should follow good respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
• Stay home if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. Contact doctor or health care provider for medication.
Preventive Home / Ayurvedic remedies for Covid-19 infection –
• Inhale plane water steam twice in a day
• Do gargles twice in a day with warm water mixed with one pinch of Turmeric and salt.
• Use Turmeric in food and milk.
• Do Yoga, breathing and other exercises regularly.
• Most importantly keep positive mindset always. This will help to maintain your immunity.
• To improve immunity, Ayurvedic / herbal combinations like Chyavanprash are very helpful.