The Sushrut Samhita has explained the Hemorrhoids as Arsha more than 4000 years ago . Sushrut Maharshi explained types, causes & treatment in detail. The conservative treatment & kshar karma treatment described by him is used in our clinic. We found it better than any other latest modern surgery.
What are piles ?
Hemorrhoids also called piles, are swollen and inflamed veins in your anus and lower rectum. Hemorrhoids may result from straining during bowel movements or from the increased pressure on these veins during pregnancy. Hemorrhoids may be located inside the anus (internal Hemorrhoids), or may develop under the skin around the anus (external hemorrhoids).
Symptoms of piles
- Bleeding (Splash in the pan)
- No pain in internal Hemorrhoids
- Prolapsed mass through anus
- Discharge of mucus (Sticky fluid)
Causes of piles
- Chronic Constipation
- Straining during passing stool
- Genetic or Hereditary
- Straining during childbirth
- Repeated diarrhea - dysentery
- Continues sitting or standing work position
- Continues Lifting heavy weights
- Habit to suppress the urge of defecation
Types of Piles
As per the site :
- External - when thrombosed , cause severe pain
- Internal - may have painless bleeding
According to length
- First degree piles : No mass protruding from the anus(Only bleeding)
- Second degree piles : Piles mass protrudes out from the anus but returns spontaneously after passing stood
- Third degree piles: Piles mass protrudes out from the anus but some force (with finger) require to push back
- Fourth degree piles : Piles mass remains protruded out of anus permanent
How to cure Hemorrhoids ( Piles ) ?
Prevention of Hemorrhoids
- Eat high fiber food
- Drink adequate of liquids
- Exercise daily
- Don't strain during defecation (Passing stool)
- Do not sit or stand at same place for more time
- Don't lift heavy weights continuously
- Keep anal part clean
- Correcting Constipation :
This can be done by adopting a high fiber diet. Also eat as per your appetite. Avoid fast food. Drink sip by sip water during eating. Do exercise regularly.
- Sitzs Bath :
The best way to reduce pain is a sitz bath in simple warm water or warm medicated water (Proctobath).
- Avoid straining during defecation.
Ayurvedic treatments for Piles
In our clinic, we use combination of ayurvedic & homoeopathic medicines to manage piles symptoms. 1st degree piles can be cured. In others stages of piles symptoms can be reduced by medicines.
- Panchakarma ( Basti ) Treatment for piles :
Enema of medicated ayurvedic oil & ghee helps to reduce pain , spasm, swelling of piles & anal ring. It also reduces dryness of internal skin which helps to reduce constipation.
- Kshar Karma :
It is non surgical procedure. A medicine derived from various herbs ( called 'KSHAR' ) is applied on pile mass. Kshar reduceses & shrinks piles. It is a type of chemical cauterization.
Our modified special kshar sutra treatment for piles :
In our clinic we have 18 years of research. We have modified above mentioned kshar application herbal process in Ayurveda, to kshar sutra ligation process. This modification help to cut off blood supply of pile mass, plus chemical cauterization simultaneously. After 8 to 10 days pile mass shrinks, dries & get separated from body automatically. There is no cut or stitches in this treatment. No major blood loss in whole treatment. It is useful in 2nd, 3rd & 4th degree hemorrhoids. This is non surgical procedure & can be done under local anesthesia. So this process do not require hospitalization. Patient need to take rest at home for 7 to 10 days & avoid travelling. Patient need not require bed rest or daily dressing. Also there is not risk of blood loss & other postoperative complications as blood vein is not cut or stitched. Some patients may require support of antibiotics.
Surgical Methods for hemorrhoids
- Brran band Ligation - rubber band is tied around the base of internal pile . Used in 3rd & 4th degree piles.
- Sclerotherapy - a chemical is injected around hemorrhoid. Used in 1st & 2nd degree piles. This injection theory is risky.
- Cryosurgery - freezed nitrogen or carbon dioxide gas is used to cut off blood circulation of pile mass. Used in 1st to 3rd degree piles.
- Cauterization : pile mass is shrunk with the help of electric current.
- Infrared photo coagulation : blood circulation is cut off using infra red rays. Pile mass falls in few days. Used in 2nd & 3rd degree piles.
- Laser Therapy : pile mass is vaporized by laser beam. Used in 2nd to 4th degree piles. Less pain & bleeding.
- Conventional surgery : Open and closed hemorrhoidectomy. Pile mass is cut off in this method.Used in 4rd & 4th degree piles.
- Stapler Surgery : removal of piles by specially designed instrument ( stapler ). Used in 2nd & 3rd piles.
- In above surgical methods, advance technique made previous research outdated.
We have treated patients from many cities in India like Pune, Nashik, Mumbai, New Mumbai, Satara, Kolhapur, Sangli, Solapur, Panvel, Khopoli, Ahmadnagar, Shirdi, Kankavli, Shrivardhan, Ratnagiri ( Maharashtra ), Kolkata ( West Bengal ), Delhi, Ahmadabad, Rajkot ( Gujarat ), Banglore, Udupi, Hubli, Gulbarga ( Karnataka ), Hyderabad ( Telangana ), Panaji ( Goa ), Hisar ( Haryana ), Pathankot ( Punjab ), Chennai ( Tamil nadu ), Jamshedpur ( Jharkhand ). Also patients from Dubai ( UAE ), Toronto, Vancouver ( Canada ), Las vegas ( Nevada ), Atlanta ( Georgia ), San Francisco, San Jose ( California ), Boston ( Massachusetts ), Seattle ( Washington ), Phoenix ( Arizona ), Michigan, New Mexico ( All from USA ), London ( England ), Melbourne, Perth, Canberra ( Australia ), Kuwait, Bahrain, Germany, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Singapore, Afghanistan, Nepal, Philippines, Sudan are cured.